
Jadyn had her first ear infection this week. We discovered it was more than nothing on Wednesday. My Mom and I took her to urgent care Wednesday morning to discover that her left ear was buldging. The doc put her on penicillin and sent us on our way. Wednesday night she broke out in a rash (meaning she was possibly allergic to the penicillin). After a lengthy conversation with the on-call doc we decided not to take her to Children's Mercy but to wait it out for the night. The next morning we took her back to the doctors office to discover that the ear infection was in both ears BUT the rash was a fever rash. Thursday afternoon her fever broke and she has been better ever since. She is still rather cranky at times, but overall she is much more like herself. Greg and I are both pretty tired. I need to remember to tell my Mom and Dad thanks for all the times they had to stay up with me to keep me more comfortable!
She did learn to play in her chair while she was sick. My parents got her this adorable chair that she loves to play with. She discovered Thursday that she can get comfortable to read books or stand up on it to look out the window!
My parents also got Jadyn a Mizzou jersey and stocking hat. We thought she may bring good luck to the Tigers as they played Texas...but we all know that didn't work. Anyway, regardless of your college loyalty you MUST admit that she looks pretty darn cute in her jersey!
Here she is after we told her the score of the game. Poor baby!!
Life is better at the Franz's. Thankfully, Jadyn likes her medicine so it is easy to give it to her. She is getting better each day and we are considering ourselves blessed to have such a cute little girl!
Oh, did you notice I already put up a Christmas background? I have decided this year that I don't just want Christmas cuteness for 3 weeks but for much much longer! I even already put up my Christmas bulletin board at school :)
No comments:
Post a Comment