You know -
There were a lot of things that went through my mind when I found out we were having twins.
The first thing was absolute praise. I haven't told many people this (so I thought I'd start with the internet - haha) but we had a really hard time getting pregnant the second time. We went to see my doc to confirm we were pregnant and she sent us to an ultra sound that afternoon to check for a due date. Greg had to go back to work so I went for the ultrasound alone. On the way there I prayed that it would be twins because we knew we wanted more that 2 kids and this way we would get double with one pregnancy. But, as soon as I prayed it I felt ashamed and asked God to forgive me and thanked Him for the baby and prayed that we would have a healthy baby and pregnancy. I felt totally at peace and the notion of twins fell out of my head completely.
I went in for the ultrasound and the lady started asking me a lot of questions. I didn't think anything about it because I had never had an ultrasound at 6 weeks so I wasn't sure how much she needed to know. She got super quiet and said "I'm not sure how you are going to react, but you are having twins." I burst in to tears immediately. I was sobbing because The Lord blessed me. The lady asked if I was happy and I told her yes and went on my merry way.
He has blessed us indeed and some other day I will tell you another thing that went through my mind when I found out we were having twins. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment