Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Number 3

After we settled on the previous shocking events when we found out we were having twins, I started thinking about "what kind" we would have. We already knew we were having fraternal twins so we could have boy/boy, girl/girl, or boy/girl. My mind started turning and turning with names! I honestly didn't care at first what we were having - just wanted healthy babies. I think though that the second level of thinking gets most Mom's and Dad's wishing or thinking through what combo we would like. Anyway, we already knew that if we were having girls we could name them Jaycie and Jemma. We've had those names picked out for quite some time. In fact, Jadyn was almost a last minute switch to Jaycie! If I'm being totally honest I should also tell you that I really thought that "Jemma" would be the baby that we adopted. I smile now because God knew all along!
We were having a much harder time with boy names. We have lots of names we like, but none that we love. Henry Alan, Leo Alan, Kyle Neil, Jackson Kyle, Griffin Neil. We really hadn't settled on boy boy names but were leaning toward Henry and Kyle. I really don't know what would have happened!
For boy girl names we actually were not in agreement. I wanted to stick with J's and have Jaycie and Jackson. Greg really loves the name Griffin so he was doing whatever he could to work that in. :)

Before we found out I really just began hoping that they would be the same - that we would have either boy boy or girl girl twins. In my head that just made everything easier - they could share a room longer, share clothes etc. I had totally convinced myself that we were having boys! And with just cause - I had totally different pregnancy cravings and feelings.

At the ultrasound I was basically holding my breath while we found out our  exciting news. The tech said well, baby A is a girl! We all started texting... "Jaycie's coming!" and then we had to wait and wait and wait to find out baby B, but finally she said "it's another girl!" and we got to tell that Jemma was coming too. It was a lot of fun.

I'm so blessed with all 3 of my girls. And I love he fact that God knew along what we were having!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are in love

Everyday Greg and I look at each other and comment on how lucky we are to have such an amazing daughter! God blessed us richly when HE gave us each other and Jadyn is our little sprinkle on top!

We are a family!

My photo
We are the Franz's. Greg and I got married July 22, 2006 and Little Miss Jadyn came along in October of 2008. She has been an amazing addition to our lives and we love spending time with her! Now, we are adding two more lives to the mix. Jaycie and Jemma will be here Spring of 2012.