Sunday, September 2, 2012

Fruit washing.

Isn't it funny the things we get our feelings hurt over?

Sometimes I just can't seem to wrap my head around why I'm bent out of shape. I tend to blame this on the fact that I'm a woman. I think we tend to get bent out of shape a little easier than than men-folk do.

I know I tend to get upset if my sweet hubby doesn't notice something that I've done, or if my kiddos don't appreciate that I've picked up everything...again. I get my panties in a wad when I'm left out or not noticed in situations. It's just crazy. The thing that keeps coming back to me is that I cannot control anyone but myself. I can't make my hubby do things to appreciate me in the way I think he should. I can't make my young kiddos appreciate me, and I certainly can't make other people notice me or not leave me out; but, I CAN control how I respond.

I can respond with love, joy, PEACE, PATIENCE, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.



I have noticed that most of the time when my feelings are hurt the other person has no idea anything has even happened.

Instead of sulking around about it I can instead choose to let the fruits of the spirit wash over me and respond in a different way.


1 comment:

We are in love

Everyday Greg and I look at each other and comment on how lucky we are to have such an amazing daughter! God blessed us richly when HE gave us each other and Jadyn is our little sprinkle on top!

We are a family!

My photo
We are the Franz's. Greg and I got married July 22, 2006 and Little Miss Jadyn came along in October of 2008. She has been an amazing addition to our lives and we love spending time with her! Now, we are adding two more lives to the mix. Jaycie and Jemma will be here Spring of 2012.